In order to enter Vietnam, getting Vietnam visa is required for all citizens of countries in the world for all purposes. Vietnam visa on arrival is popular with travelers around the world for its simplicity and convenience. However, there are some mistakes you have to be noticed about.
Common mistakes when applying Vietnam visa
- Without applying online, traveler can’t get Vietnam Visa on Arrival
A lot of people think that they can get a visa directly at Vietnam Airport but didn’t applying online. It is incorrect way, because they may end up with delaying or cancelling their flights or waiting at the airport until the visa is approved. Therefore, they will need to apply online for an approval letter in order to pick up visa at the airport.
- Able to use a Visa on arrival at the border.
This is not true, the Visa on arrival is applying for air travel only. And there is NO on arrival visa for overland/border crossing or sea/water entry. In case the applicant don’t enter Vietnam by air, they have to make sure that they have the visa in advance.
- The mistakes of spelling or typo.
Don’t fill in the application form with a wrong details, ensure that your personal info is correct with your passport: full name, date of birth,…that may not be a big problem, but in some cases; you were refused by the airline at the departure airport since the information on the letter of approval does not match those in the passport. For your convenience, please double check your info before click on next step.
- Carefully with your Arrival date: some people think that the visa validity will start from the date they enter Vietnam, not from the date they provide. In fact, the visa validity will commence from the date you provide in advance, not from the date you will enter the country. That’s why you make a clear plan of when to enter before ordering a visa to Vietnam.
- It’s not easy to get a Visa extension: don’t think that it is easy to extend a visa once you are in Vietnam, however, it is not that easy, and extending a visa may be a costly and time consuming process. So if you wish to stay in Vietnam for the longer time, you are advised to apply for a 3-month visa in advance instead of a 1 month one to save money on visa extension.
Vietnam visa on arrival is apply for all kind of visa, except for Diplomatic Passport Holders. To get a visa for Vietnam for this kind of visa, the only way is through a travel agent in Vietnam as it can’t be directly applied with Vietnam Immigration Department. Although Vietnam visa on arrival is the choice of almost travelers, it is only applicable for those who entering Vietnam in airway. In case you want to visit Vietnam by land, sea, you can apply for visa at Vietnam Embassy in your country.
About the process of applying for Vietnam visa on arrival, please access www.Visaonlinevietnam.com to fill your information exactly in the online visa application. It will take few hours (urgent case) or 1 – 2 working days to process your application. After that, you will receive the Letter of Approval which is issued by Vietnam Immigration Department as an official permission allowing you to board the flight to Vietnam and get Vietnam visa onto at Vietnam arrival airport.
All the cost you will have to pay is service fee and stamping fee. The fee is varied depending on the type of visa, the number of applications and the processing time. For details, please refer to the website https://visaonlinevietnam.com/vietnam-visa-fees
The things need to be prepared to get visa stamped onto the passport at airport such as: the Approval Letter, the Vietnam visa application form, the photos and the cash to pay for stamping fee. If you forget to bring photos or Arrival Letter before your trip, there is an extra money (around 2 – 5 USD) you will have to pay for being taken photos by Immigration Officers & a lot of money to print out Arrival Letter so just be noted.
Other things needed to be aware such as:
– The original passport must be valid at least six months
– You should make sure that there are at least two blank pages in your passports.
– The photos provided to process the visa procedure have to be taken within six months form the date of travel.
– Please make sure that all information is correct, because if there is any difference in the information, the approval letter will be invalid. As a result, you will be not allowed to enter Vietnam.
– Although Vietnam visa on arrival will take only a few days to process the application; it is highly recommended to apply for Vietnam visa at least one month before the travel date.
For other suggestion about the preparation of your trip to Vietnam, please contact us for further assistance!