If you are planning to travel to Vietnam for a period of 3 months or more, you will need to obtain a visa in advance. The standard processing time for a Vietnam visa is 3 working days, but there are some circumstances in which you may need to apply for an emergency visa.
This article provides an overview of the Vietnam 3-month visa emergency process, including:
- When you need an emergency visa
- How to apply
- Making an appointment
- Visa fees
- Other associated costs
When Do You Need an Emergency Vietnam Visa?
There are a few situations in which you may need to apply for an emergency Vietnam visa:
- If you have a sudden change of travel plans and need to travel to Vietnam sooner than you anticipated.
- If your visa application is rejected and you need to travel to Vietnam urgently.
- If you lose your passport while you are in Vietnam and need to apply for a new visa.
- If you are a victim of a natural disaster or other emergency and need to travel to Vietnam to seek assistance.
How to Apply for an Emergency Vietnam Visa
To apply for an emergency Vietnam visa, you will need to contact the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your home country. You will need to provide the following documentation:
- A completed visa application form
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months beyond your intended date of departure from Vietnam
- A recent passport-sized photograph
- A letter from your employer or school, stating the reason for your urgent travel to Vietnam
- A copy of your airline ticket or travel itinerary
The processing time for an emergency Vietnam visa varies depending on the embassy or consulate, but it is typically 24 hours to 48 hours. The visa fee is also higher for emergency visas.
Vietnam 3-Month Visa Emergency Appointment
If you are applying for an emergency Vietnam visa, you will need to make an appointment with the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your home country. Appointments are typically required for all visa applications, but they are especially important for emergency visas. This is because the embassy or consulate will need to prioritize your application and process it as quickly as possible.
To make an appointment, you will need to contact the embassy or consulate directly. You can usually find the contact information on the embassy or consulate’s website.
Vietnam 3-Month Visa Emergency Fee
The visa fee for a 3-month Vietnam visa is USD130. However, the fee for an emergency Vietnam visa is higher. The exact fee varies depending on the embassy or consulate, but it is typically USD200 to USD300.
Other Costs Associated with an Emergency Vietnam Visa
In addition to the visa fee, there are other costs associated with an emergency Vietnam visa. These costs may include:
- Courier fees: If you are having your visa delivered by courier, you will need to pay a courier fee.
- Visa application service fees: Some embassies and consulates charge a visa application service fee.
If you need to apply for an emergency Vietnam visa, it is important to start the process as soon as possible. This will give you the best chance of getting your visa approved in time for your travel. You will also need to be prepared to pay the higher visa fee and any other associated costs.
Here are some additional tips for applying for an emergency Vietnam visa:
- Be sure to gather all of the required documentation well in advance of your appointment.
- Make sure to double-check the visa application form for errors.
- Be prepared to pay the higher visa fee.
- Be patient. The processing time for an emergency visa may be longer than usual.
I hope this overview on the Vietnam 3-month visa emergency process was helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions!