If you’re planning a trip to Vietnam, one of the essential things you need to do is obtain a visa. And with the convenience of technology, applying for a visa has become much easier and faster than ever before. In this article, we’ll be discussing everything about Vietnam eVisa, including who needs one, advantages and disadvantages, how to apply, and other related information.
Who Needs a Vietnam eVisa?
All foreign nationals who wish to visit Vietnam must have a valid visa, except citizens from countries exempted by the Vietnamese Government. However, many countries qualify for an eVisa instead of the traditional visa. Before applying, it’s important to check whether your country is eligible for an eVisa or not.
What is Vietnam eVisa?
A Vietnam eVisa is an electronic travel authorization issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department. It allows travelers to enter and exit Vietnam for tourism, business, or transit purposes. The eVisa is valid for 30 days, single-entry only, and can’t be extended beyond that period.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Vietnam eVisa
Like any other visa type, the Vietnam eVisa has its pros and cons. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of obtaining an eVisa:
- Easy and fast online application process
- No need to visit the embassy or consulate
- Saves time and money compared to traditional visa
- Can be applied for from anywhere in the world
- Only valid for 30 days, single-entry
- Can’t be extended beyond the stated period
- Available only for certain countries
- May face technical issues while applying online
How to Apply for Vietnam eVisa?
Applying for a Vietnam eVisa is a straightforward process that can be completed within 15-20 minutes. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Check Eligibility
Before applying for an eVisa, make sure that your country is eligible for the eVisa program. You can check the list of eligible countries on the Vietnam Immigration Department’s website.
Step 2: Gather Required Documents
You’ll need to gather the following documents before starting the application process:
- A valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining and two blank pages
- A recent passport-size photograph (white background)
- A valid credit or debit card to pay the visa fee
Step 3: Fill out the Application Form
Go to the Vietnam Immigration Department’s official website and fill out the application form with accurate information. Ensure that all the details match your passport data.
Step 4: Pay Visa Fee
The visa processing fee must be paid online using a valid credit or debit card.
Step 5: Receive Approval Letter
After submitting the application and paying the fee, you’ll receive an approval letter via email within 3-5 business days. Print it out and carry it with you during your trip.
Step 6: Get your Visa Stamped
Once you arrive in Vietnam, present your approval letter at the immigration checkpoint to get your visa stamped.
Alternatives to Vietnam eVisa
If you’re not eligible for an eVisa, you can still apply for a traditional visa through the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your home country. However, this process is more time-consuming, and you may need to submit additional documents.
Tips for Applying for Vietnam eVisa
- Apply for the eVisa at least one week before your planned travel date.
- Double-check all the information you provide to avoid mistakes.
- Use a reliable payment gateway when paying the visa fee.
- Keep a copy of your approval letter with you while traveling.
Vietnam eVisa is a convenient and fast way to obtain travel authorization to Vietnam. It’s important to remember that the eVisa is only valid for 30 days, and it can’t be extended beyond that time. However, with proper planning and preparation, applying for an eVisa is a hassle-free process that saves you both time and money.
- What’s the processing time for Vietnam eVisa?
- The processing time for Vietnam eVisa is 3-5 business days.
- Can I enter Vietnam multiple times on an eVisa?
- No, an eVisa is only valid for single-entry.
- Is it mandatory to carry a hard copy of the approval letter while traveling?
- Yes, you must have a printed copy of your approval letter to show at the immigration checkpoint.
- What if my eVisa application gets rejected?
- In case your application gets rejected, you can reapply after 24 hours.
- Can I apply for eVisa on arrival in Vietnam?
- No, Vietnam eVisa can only be applied online before arriving in Vietnam ## Discovering Vietnam with eVisa